Friday, September 3, 2010

Your Royal Wedding

When you were a little girl, were you mesmerized with the stories of Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White as I was? I frequently imagined what it would be like to be rescued by a handsome prince and live happily ever after in elegant gowns. Then I grew up and witnessed the fall of Prince Charming. I realized my palace was really a stable and my job was to clean up after his horse, much like Cinderella’s old existence.

How could I be so dumb for believing in a fairy-tale existence? Maybe I wasn’t so dumb. Maybe males are wired to fail so there’d be a place in our heart for our Prince—Jesus. Think about it, if all these guys were the real Prince Charming, why would we need Jesus?

Fairy tales may not come true, but when you take Jesus’s hand and commit to follow him, your status changes to royalty. You become his daughter, the daughter of the King, a joint heir with Jesus Christ, chosen of God. To be a “chosen one” is to be uniquely loved as one of Christ’s own (Col. 3:12; 1 Pet. 2:9). Soak in this truth.
When God chooses us, he pulls us out of the mainstream of humanity. He draws us close to him and begins the process of c hanging us into Christlikness. God will never force us into a relationship with him, but when we respond, we are called holy one, separate one, and a saint (1 Cor. 1:2). We are also called to be different from the world.

[this is an excerp from "breaking the cover girl mask"

No comments:

Post a Comment